city lights will guide us home
Life Update—S e p t e m b e r
It’s September 15, we’re halfway done with this month. Ber months finally started and I can’t even believe we’re 3 and a half months away from 2015. I don’t want to graduate yet, so please, my dearest time, slow down. Sorry for not having decent photos to update my blog, but I am really trying hard to keep my hands doing what I really love—writing and capturing photos.
Here’s what kept me busy for the past few weeks. My blog is pretty much a portfolio, diary and a planner. But really, here’s what it is.
- August academics. I knew I wouldn’t be part of the honor’s list this year. I failed my physics finals and my math finals was only passing. But thank God, I had no grade lower than 85—which makes me a merit awardee! No promises, but I am working extra hard to make my grades higher. Just no pressure.
- Buwan ng Wika. I may not have blogged about this, but indeed it was fun. Very hassle because as seniors, they expect the best from us. Practices everywhere, but my dearest Bona made sure we will win. We gave all our best. Also, I consider myself as BNW’s photographer because within that two days, all I did was to take photos.
- Dagliang Talumpati 2014. The first APSSAM-MAPESA inter-school contest. Nope, I wasn’t the contestant, but I was part of the team who will go to other school, namely Malate Catholic School for the contest. SFS didn’t win, but it was indeed, an experience.
- APSSAM-MAPESA games. My friends has been telling to watch their games (volleyball and basketball) but I can’t really find time. They’re asking me to take pictures but sadly, I can’t right now. Plus it’s still in Binondo. Makati and Binondo are way too far! Hopefully some other time!
- SSG Responsibilities. Sort of thankful because finally, I can feel that I was elected as the SC President. Meetings everywhere, arrange this, arrange that. Tell here, announce here, make this proposal. Bulletin boards. Pressure, but I wanted this. I’ll get through this.
- Math and Science Month. As the class’s vice president, I have to be responsible. Especially that our president is busy, literally. I was assigned to assign and fix everything. But of course, team work!
- Foundation month. Busy month! Practices everywhere. Toxic. After our prelims on Thursday and Friday, it would be the start of everything. Mass demo, cultural night, transitus, family day and such! I’m excited!
But after all this, I want to go back on track of course. I hope to have some other time! I can do this. I can do all things through Him that strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13
Oh, I’m more active on twitter and IG, sometimes. Follow me! @biancadoms
Jill and the Pink Wall
Welcome to the old China Town
Binondo, Manila • 09-06-14
Earlier today at Philippine Cultural College Manila
I watched my brother’s game, as per my father’s request. He told me to video my brother while playing. So these photos are taken when he’s out of the court, time out or half time. I’m so glad to hear people chanting and cheering our surname. Also, telling that my brother plays good. I feel proud. Although we’re sibling-enemies.
I have been writing and deleting every word I write right now. It’s been an hour but I haven’t wrote anything yet. It’s like I never wrote something perfect for a perfect person like you. I try so hard to put my feelings into words but I think, as of now, I can’t. I am confused. I don’t know what’s right or wrong, to like you or to be casual with you. One side of me is telling that I should tell you what I feel. That it goes it like this: I swear I am tired of being hurt; but I am willing to risk. I am willing to gamble. I want to be strong just for a while. I will tell you every bit, every feeling that I have. Another side of me tells me that you’re not worth it. Not worth to love, to risk for or to be in a relationship. Maybe because I feel that you’ll never like me back. So the other side’s like: “he’s the best friend type, go on”. Bottom line, either I like you and risk or to be a friend that I’ll never lose.
For the first time in my life, I’m confused. This is all your fault.
Instagram recap. • IG: @biancadoms
Mcdo’s bff fries, boodle feasts, cheesy seafood, pizza, mom’s carbonara, oatmeal cookies, choco lattés, coffee, cinnamon rolls, s’mores and yema cake.
P.S. Did I ever mention that I’m into baking? If not, then I am right now. I actually baked the cookies, the roll, the yema cake and s’mores! I’m actually trying new things. Hee.
Oh, and check my own hashtag on IG! #cafedebahay 😉
I’m kind of amazed on how people find their one true love. I constantly think how it can happen in this unfair, selfish world that out of the blue, one perfect person comes into their life bringing color to their monochromatic universe. Is it destiny? Is there such thing as destiny? I believe there is no such thing as that—is it solid, liquid or gas? Whatever phase of matter you can name. I’m not bitter. Destiny is an illusion people create. Just like magic—an illusion that magicians fake. I believe in perfect timing that we make without being aware that we already do. I believe in wisdom, in reality.
A typical day at Greenbelt—the place where I usually go to escape my house stuff because it’s only 10 minutes away.
Find someone who will be with you through the deepest, darkest days of your life. Someone who wouldn’t leave, nor give you up. Someone who is willing to stay. Life has waves, search for your fine boat.
As the rain fell harder and harder,
I lost hope how can I go home
Should I wait for it to stop?
Or should I go and run?
He took my hand and held it
Squeezed it like he’ll never let go
Like he’ll take care of me
Wherever the wind and water go
We ran and got wet— together
Only, we had a small umbrella which we didn’t fit together
I didn’t know the reason why
But thank God we did not
Upon looking at us, I bet you’ll smile
For the both of us are soaking wet
Our things are also dripping wet
But still, we are laughing, and said;
The rain comes, whether we like it or not
It comes surprisingly— like what happened today
You must always remember
There is always a rainbow after a storm
“Praying is better than preaching. Because some lost people will not understand what you are saying until you pray for them.” - Antonette, 20
My 15th BIRTHDAY (Late post though)
I had a double celebration. My real birthday was August 5 and it fell on my exam week + it was on a Tuesday. I told my mom I would invite my friends on Saturday that week—she said yes. On my actual birthday, I got greetings and stuff. I was sort of sad, since I didn’t get the greeting I expected. No, I was really happy and every 15-year-old girl would ask for. I expect no food, since my celebration would be on Saturday. But upon going home, I went home to Conti’s! Everything was Conti’s. It was my dad’s little surprise. He knew it was my favorite. I miss you paps, always am.
August 9. After the freakin’ hard physics finals, my friends went to my house and ate the boodle food my mom prepared. Namely it was: Shentelle, Roshelle, Patty, Monica, Matthew, Kate and Bon. Michal and Dennis came 10 minutes late. Happy to know that they enjoyed mom’s meals. The boodle fight was messy, but it was fun.
After eating, others went home. Dennis, Michal and Bon stayed for awhile. We watched Bakit Di Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo and Diary ng Panget. JM came—so let the drinking begin. No hate. My mom was the one who bought the drinks. After all, my birthday comes once a year. Mom gave us everything. Drinks, food and chasers, even the ice! Played spin the bottle and stuff. Red cups represent! Michal went home earlier so I stayed with the boys. My alcohol tolerance is high, they’re all drunk—and I’m wide awake. And the rest of our conversations will be left untold. It was indeed a fun night. A night worth to remember.
Until my 16th, guys. >:D<
P.S. The greeting I wanted arrived 6 days later—on a private text message. It was a happy 15th.
Half of my day in a photo. 📷
So here’s: DLS-CSB • Zark’s Burger • LRT Gil Puyat station. The whole day (with Kate) was indeed very spontaneous.
The whole plan was I would pass my requirements at DLS-CSB with Roshelle and we’re straight to PLM to inquire on how to apply for non-Manilans since their site isn’t updated, we wanted to visit the school itself. (And I wanted to see my PLMayer friends) So I woke up at 8 am, took a bath at 8:45 and called Roshelle at 9:30. She said she can’t come. I wasn’t angry; I was sad. I immediately called Kate, fortunately said yes, met at 10:40-ish. I had to pay for all the expenses, but it was okay, than being lost alone in a place where bad people stay. (My mom got her earrings stolen at Taft, so I had a trauma to go Taft alone.)
The commuting was smooth and so is DLS-CSB’s admission center and staffs. Had to run from the center and cashier, but it was okay since the view was nice. Green is pleasant. Saw cutie chinito guys though. 😂 Had zark’s for lunch.
So yeah, I’ll be having my BEE at October 19! 7-11 am. Anyone? ☺️